Our Best Answer - How do I declare or change my major or minor?
Declaring or Changing a Major or Minor
Newly-admitted students (prior to start of first quarter at UC Santa Barbara): Please visit the Office of Admissions Major Changes page for instructions.
Undergraduate students: To change your major (or add/drop a double major), please use the Change of Major Petition available from the Office of the Registrar’s website and follow the instructions on the form. To declare or change a minor, please contact the minor department. For any questions regarding advising, please contact your College office.
If you are changing from one college to another, you will need to secure signatures from the chair of the department(s) that sponosor your proposed new major(s) and the dean of your college(s). More information on changing or declaring a major can be found on the College of Letters & Science website.
Graduate students: Please contact the Graduate Division.
Need further assistance? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email email@example.com or contact the appropriate campus office.
Top 10 Questions
- What happens to the missing grade on my record?
- How do I declare or change my major or minor?
- When is spring break?
- How do I get a course catalog?
- Where can I find an academic calendar?
- What majors or academic programs do you offer?
- How much is Tuition?
- How do I arrange for a campus tour?
- How many Pass units can I take?
- Do you offer freshman scholarships?