UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - Can I study abroad during my final quarter?

Studying Abroad during your final term

If you are participating in a UC Education Abroad (EAP) program during your final quarter at UC Santa Barbara, it is recommended that you declare candidacy for the next quarter (i.e., if you are abroad Spring quarter and will not return to UC Santa Barbara, declare candidacy for the Summer quarter).  This is due to the delay in receiving final grades from UC Education Abroad programs. 

If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (805) 893-3592 or email

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.