UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How do I change the grading option for a course after the deadline?

Grading Option Change

Undergraduate students: Please contact your College office.

College of Letters and Science

College of Engineering

College of Creative Studies

Graduate Students: Graduate students have until the last day of instruction to change the grading option via GOLD. After the last day of instruction, students must use the Retroactive Schedule Adjustment Petition-Graduate Students

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.