UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How do I decline my offer of admission?

Decline My Offer

To decline your offer of admission, you may submit a negative Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). To submit your negative SIR, log in to the Applicant Status portal on the Office of Admissions website. Click on the "Steps to Enrollment" tab and then click on "Submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR)." Then, in "Step 1: Do you wish to attend UC Santa Barbara?" select the "No" button.

To cancel your SIR after you have already submitted, please email

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.