UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - Do you offer teaching assistantships?

Teaching Assistantships (TAs)

UC Santa Barbara offers teaching assistantships and other academic appointments for graduate students. General requirements and benefits for Teaching Assistants (TA) and other academic appointments are available at the Graduate Division Academic Appointments page. All Teaching Assistant positions are assigned by academic departments — if you have questions about becoming a Teaching Assistant, contact the graduate program advisor for your department.

International students may be required to take the TA Language Evaluation before receiving a Teaching Assistant position.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.