UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How many courses can I take per term?

Quarterly Study Load / Enrollment Requirements

Undergraduates should refer to the quarterly enrollment requirements pages in the General Catalog.

Undergraduates in the College of Letters and Science and College of Engineering must also meet the Minimum Cumulative Progress (MCP) requirements. For information concerning MCP requirements refer to these websites.

Graduate students will find information regarding enrollment requirements in the General Catalog.


Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.