Our Best Answer - When is the application deadline?
As a rule, UC Santa Barbara accepts applications from first-time freshman and junior-level transfer students only.* The chart shows current information on which UC Santa Barbara quarters are open. Usually, UCSB only accepts applications in the fall quarter and is closed for winter and spring admission. Visit the University of California Admissions website for more information on how to apply.
UC Santa Barbara Application Periods
Deadlines are rarely extended for those who wish to apply late or to a closed term. For more information on these circumstances and submitting a written appeal, please visit the "Applying to a Late or Closed Term" section of the How to Apply page.
The application deadline for graduate students varies by department. To determine the deadline for your department of interest, visit Graduate Programs at UCSB. You are strongly advised to submit your online application and all required supporting materials well in advance of the official deadline.
Need further assistance? Email us at email@example.com
The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the appropriate campus office.
Top 10 Questions
- How do I declare or change my major or minor?
- How do I get a course catalog?
- What majors or academic programs do you offer?
- Where can I find an academic calendar?
- How much is Tuition?
- How do I contact a student, staff member or department?
- What types of student housing are available?
- Where can I find forms and petitions?
- How do I arrange for a campus tour?
- When is spring break?