UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How do I apply as a guest student?

Applying as a Guest Student

Non-degree seeking students may participate in a Reciprocal Exchange through partner institutions. Please visit  the UC Education Abroad Program website for more information.

Students who are not eligible through the Reciprocal Exchange program may enroll independently (at their own cost) in UC Summer Sessions or UC Santa Barbar Professional and Continuing Education courses (includes English as a Second Language courses).

Degree seeking students enrolled at another UC, CSU, or California Community College campus may be eligible to attend UC Santa Barbara as a visiting student. For more information regarding special enrollment opportunities, visit the Visitors and Exchange Programs page on the Office of the Registrar's website.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.