UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - What do I do if I have a financial block on my BARC account?

Financial Block on BARC Account

If you have a block on your BARC (Billing-Accounts Receivable Collections) account, more than likely you have an outstanding balance due. All finacial obligations to the University must be cleared before certain services can be fulfilled.

Please contact the BARC office by phone at (805) 893-3756, by email at, or visit their website for more information. 

Univercity Center Block

If you have a University Center block, you must contact the University Center by phone at (805) 893-4097.

Please note the following:

  • Transcript orders held due to financial oblications to the University will be subject to processing delays in the event of a financial block, regardless of the processing/mail type ordered.  All orders blocked by financial blocks will be automatically cancelled after 12 months of inactivity.
  • Diplomas will be held in the Office of the Registrar until all financial obligations have been cleared.


Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.