UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - Can I take courses though I have not been admitted as a student?

Attend UC Santa Barbara as non-student

The Intersegmental Cross Enrollment (ICE) Program provides undergraduate students enrolled in a California Community College or a California State University the opportunity to enroll at UC Santa Barbara.  For more information and the application visit Intercampus Transfers, Visitors, and Exchange Programs.

UC Santa Barbara allows non-UC Santa Barbara students to enroll for courses during the Summer Term.  For more information on Summer enrollment visit Summer Sessions.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.