UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How do I start the SLR?

Statement of Legal Residence (SLR)

The link to begin the SLR is located on the Office of the Registrar's Residency web page. Towards the bottom of the page you will find the direct link for the Online Statement of Legal Residence (SLR).  Please read the information above the link before starting the SLR process.

Information regarding University of California residence regulations for tuition purposes can be found at: Student Information.  Students attending or seeking to attend UC Santa Barbara may consult with the Residence Deputy ( for more information.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.