UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How do I apply to be a Dream Scholar?

Dream Scholars

Dream Scholars can apply for financial aid by filing the California Dream Application. This application became available following the passage of two California Assembly bills, AB 130 and AB 131. Together, these bills became known as the California Dream Act. The California Dream Act makes certain undocumented students eligible for State and University Financial Aid.

To be eligible to file the California Dream Application, students must:

For additional resources please check out the UCSB Undocumented Student Services page.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.