UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - What credit will I receive for my course from another school?

Credit for Transfer Work

If you are taking classes at a California Community College, use to determine course articulation and general education transferability. We also encourage you to speak with your major adviser or College adviser at UC Santa Barbara.

For courses completed at CSUs, other UCs, or other institutions, please consult with an adviser from your College (Letters and Science, Engineering, or Creative Studies) regarding course transferability and applicability to UC, UC Santa Barbara, or general education requirements.  Regarding course transferability and applicability to major requirements, please consult with an adviser in your major department.

College of Letters and Science

College of Engineering

College of Creative Studies

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.