UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - What if I have transfer work that is not included or I think there is a mistake in my Major Progress Check?

Units Awarded for Transfer Work

There are three primary reasons why some of your coursework may not be included in the Major Progress Check:

  1. Your transcripts have not yet been received or evaluated by the Office of Admissions.
  2. Courses you took at another institution were not transferable to UCSB.
  3. Courses you took at another institution were completed after beginning at UCSB (post-matriculation). If these courses are transferable, credit will be awarded in your Major Progress Check after they you have sent your transcripts and the coursework has been evaluated.

If you think there is an error on your Major Progress Check, please contact the Office of Admissions at

If you have completed transferable coursework at any institution (including Advanced Placement, UCSB Extension, summer session, or college courses taken while in high school) which is not reflected on your Major Progress Check, you must consult with the Office of Admissions immediately. You must report and provide transcripts for any coursework which you completed prior to your matriculation at UCSB. Failure to do so in a timely manner may lead to disciplinary action.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.