UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How do I get permission for an overload of credits?

Credit Overload

The maximum number of units allowable for undergraduates each quarter varies among the three colleges; these limits are indicated in the college publications and in GOLD.

Students who wish to enroll in more than the maximum number of allowable units must petition through their college for an excess program at the time of registration.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.