UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How do I correct an error on my application?

Correcting an Application Error

You can log in to your UC application to review and, if necessary, make changes to information including your telephone number, e-mail address, or mailing address. TOEFL and International Exam Scores can also be changed. While logged in, you can also apply to additional campuses if they're still open.

If you're a transfer student, about five weeks after the filing period has ended you are required to update your grades and course records during the Transfer Academic Update. 


If there are changes to your academic record...

Freshmen: If you add or drop a course, change schools, or fail to earn a C or better in a course after you submit your application you must notify the UC Application Center by mail. Your letter must include your name, UC Application ID number, and your signature. This letter will be shared with all the campuses you applied to. The letter should be mailed to:

UC Application Center
P.O. Box 1432
Bakersfield, CA 93302

Transfers: If you add or drop a course, fail to earn a C or better in a course, or enroll in a new college after you submit your application, log back in and update your information online.

Minor changes to your activities, awards, volunteer work, employment or personal statement are unlikely to have an impact on your admission decision. However, if you have significant updates in any of these areas, you may notify the UC Application Center by mail.

Contact our Office of Admissions for questions or concerns.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.