UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - What summer aid is available?

Summer Aid Availability

In order to receive summer financial aid, you must have a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application on file. Types of aid vary depending on eligibility criteria. Generally, summer aid may include Federal Pell Grant, UCSB Scholarships and Federal Direct Student and Parent PLUS Loans.

For more information on eligibility for summer aid, please visit the Summer aid section of our website. 

Each year our office publishes a Summer Aid Estimator in early April for student’s to use to estimate their aid eligibility for the upcoming summer.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.