UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - Where do I get an Incomplete grade petition?

Incomplete Grade Petition

Please refer to the General Catalog for information on Incomplete grades. 

The Petition for Incomplete grade is available from the Office of the Registrar’s website.  Please complete the petition online and it will be routed to your instructor for approval prior to being sent to the Registrar to be processed.

The quarterly deadline for the submission of Incomplete grade petitions is the last day of the quarter, listed on the Office of the Registrar’s website (during Summer sessions: please visit their website).  If you are submitting the Incomplete grade petition after the deadline for that quarter, it is considered retroactive.  A retroactive petition must also be signed by your College office prior to submission to the Office of the Registrar.

If you need to file for an extension of the Incomplete grade, please contact your instructor or the department staff adviser.

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.