UCSB Answers

Our Best Answer - How do I readmit?


Eligible undergraduate students who wish to return after an absence must file an application for readmission with the Office of the Registrar. Information can be found in the General Catalog and on the Office of the Registrar's Readmission web page.

For instructions for filing an application, please refer to the Undergraduate Readmission or Reinstatement Petition.

Questions may be directed to the Office of the Registrar via email (  or visit our website for further contact options. 

Did this answer your question?

How can we improve this answer?

Need further assistance? Email us at

The answers provided are generally applicable and not student specific. For individualized assistance, please email or contact the appropriate campus office.